The Clients brief was to replace the current floor with a hardwearing, durable resin floor to allow heavy duty traffic and the movement of equipment Works consisted of:
- Breaking out area of raised floor,
- Mechanically preparing existing concrete substrate using the latest HTC remote control diamond headed floor grinders removing all existing coating and polishes, sealers and laitance from the surface to achieve the correct key to aid adhesion between the substrate and the subsequent primers and resin toppings
- Laying of resin flooring in three stages which included
- Stage 1: Application by roller of two coats of Remmers FAS 100 two component oil & moisture tolerant epoxy primer
- Stage 2: Application by trowel & pin-level rake a nominal 3mm application of Remmers Epoxy PH a three component self smoothing epoxy floor screed
- Stage 3: Application by roller one coat of Remmers PUR Top M Plus, a single component semi gloss polyurethane seal coat with a fine polymer beading incorporated within the resin to achieve an abrasive & slip resistant finish.